Alternatives for Youth provides community-based substance use and addiction treatment services that engage and mobilize youth and their families
Inspiring hope and resilience in youth
- Diversity and inclusion
- Youth wisdom and experience
- Partnerships and collaboration
- Adaptability and innovation
AY is committed to providing services without bias or judgment and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and racism.
The Agency will not tolerate any expression of harassment, racial or ethno-cultural discrimination, homophobia or transphobia by anyone who works, participates or volunteers in any of its programs or services.
What do we do?
Alternatives for Youth (AY) provides substance use and mental health care for children and youth ages 12 – 25 years, and those who care about them.
Individualized, client directed treatment is provided to youth to assist them in exploring the underlying reasons for engaging in substance use, in reducing or discontinuing use, relapse prevention and/or referral to residential treatment, and includes comprehensive education about the risks related to youth substance use. Parents/caregivers and other family members (as defined by the youth) are encouraged to participate in the youth’s treatment.
Who will benefit from AY SERVICES?
- Youth experiencing difficulties related to their substance use and mental health
- Parents/caregivers wanting substance information, consultation and/or support in helping youth with the risks related to substance use
- Youth who are concerned about the substance use of a parent, guardian, or other family member
- Pregnant or parenting youth who want information and support related to the negative impact of substance use on themselves and their children
LHIN Service Accountability Agreement
This Agreement is a service accountability agreement for the purposes of section 20(1) of LHSIA. The term of this Agreement will commence on the Effective Date and will expire on March 31, 2022 unless terminated earlier or extended pursuant to its terms.
My AY therapist was always very kind, understanding, compassionate and caring, which means so much to me